The present school building was officially opened and blessed on June 8th 1940 by Fr. Mulvaney P.P. Ballymore. The new school comprised of three classrooms and two cloakrooms, one for boys and one for girls, opening off a central corridor. Rural electrification was only a pipe dream in 1940 and the only toilets were the outdoor closets at the back of the school!
The site for the school was given free of charge by the owner Mr. Tom Savage. The contract for the building of the school was given to Mr. Cunningham from Athlone, the price being £2000. Four-fifths of this was paid by the Dept. of Ed. £100 was donated by the parish priest Fr. Casey and the parishioners raised the remainder.
Two local men Anthony Finn, Boher and Peter Menton, Killeenagroagh were employed by the contractor and completed the job within eighteen months.
Many improvements have taken place over the years to make the school a comfortable, cheerful, warm, inviting and safe learning environment for pupils, staff and parents. The community celebrated the school’s Diamond Jubilee in the Millennium year 2000.